Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Well, It's been a while, let me explain

I haven't posted for w while. It seems life catches up with you and really slaps the crap out of you saying, " I need your attention".
Even before April 29, our lived were in a whirlwind. I can't understand that because you have MS you suddenly become Obi Wan Kanobi in everyones eyes.
You know everything, from how to promote the local chapter of the Eastern Star, to getting Masonic Lodge members to get moving on projects. And low and behold, when you suggest a solution, you appointed to implement the solution. Like I said, Obi Wan, again.

I assume everyone thinks my days are filled scholarly pursuit, digging deep into dusty old text, searching for divine light of wisdom, of which I can communicate to the masses.
Surely I don't spend my days washing laundry and dusting the house to help Deanna...

Well, anyway, back on April 29 I had a really bad flare, a Partial Onset Seizure. To the casual onlooker, I appeared drunk, really plastered, but that was not the case. Deanna came home and managed to get me in bed, called a friend of ours and I was transported by ambulance to Erlanger Medical Center, a Trauma 1 Hospital in Chattanooga. I don't remember anything about it but it appears they were dumbfounded. Hard to imagind a teaching Hospital would not know what to do. They did do a CT I understand and found I still had a brain. They pleaced my in holding and kept me there until 12:30 the next morning waiting on a room.

Anyway, the next morning I was really tired but they did call in a Neuro and I will go see him on 6/08. He thinks my lyrica may need to ne adjusted. I have had these things since 2005. The first was while locked up in a 9-1-1 center in Sequatchie County, they had to break into the bldg to get me out. They put me in my F250 and sent me home on a winding two lane winding road at 3"00 o'clock in the morning. I vaguely remember running in and out of the road, one wrong move and it would have been instant death.

Anyway, throughout the law enforcement community it spread I was pilled up, drunk, whatever. When I did receieve a diagnosis, I sent it to the director of 9-1-1 that he send it to the Sheriff and all the other critics I had. They never did like me because I dispatched in a para-military fashion like the Tennessee Highway Patrol, where I recieved my training. So now, my name is claered, their ignorant lips can kiss me where the sun don't shine. I listen to them on the scanner alot, really professional....

Anyway, just another test MS has put me thru, I don't think anyone reads this much, boy do I have lessons to teack.

ALSO A MAJOR ANNIVERSARY.....I WAS DIAGNOSED 19 YEARS AGO TODAY
AND STILL WALKING, TALKING (RAISING DICKENS), AND READY FOR ANOTHER 19
LETS GET IT ON MS, I AM READY


EVRYBODY, TAKE IT FROM A VETERAN OF THIS MS......FIGHT, UNTIL YOU HAVE NO STRENGTH LEFT, TAKE ANOTHER PAIN PILL LIKE DR HOUSE AND FIGHT AGAIN, I HAVE GOT THE EDGE
LET'S GET IT ON

Mitchell E. Thurmer
4300 Taft Hwy
Signal Mountain, TN 37377

Write anytime

No comments: