Total Pageviews

Friday, May 28, 2010

I have got to admit the truth about MS

I was diagnosed 20 years ago this month. I can honestly say the Doctors have done a pretty good job of managing the MS, what little they can do.

The truth is there is not a whole lot they can do. They can treat the pain with opiates, but, after 20 years the dosage gets higher and higher. The DEA and all the other government agencies have the doctors and pharmacists scared to death. I have to admit the meds all just treat the symptoms, period.

Sadly, you are judged by the others who don't have a clue as to what you are dealing with. You can't even tell your relatives what meds you are on or you will be classed as a druggy.

The last attack I had this week has till got me slowed down. Deanna had to call members of the WRES to come and lift me out of the floor, I could not stand up. I am scared what each episode may bring. If I stayed like that, she could not take care of me. I am getting worse, That is the truth.

No comments: