Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Medicare Advantage, As I see It

Ok, Now there is a huge explosion in the Media regarding Medicare Advantage Plans. The only places that it is not popular is the drive by Media. I signed Deanna and I both up for Humana's Advantage Plan 2 years ago. I liked the fact there was no annual $250 deductible at the first of the year at the Dr's office. The real benefit was when Deanna had to have surgery in Dec 2011. Under the regualar Medicare plan we had been under years past, we would have ended up paying about $3500 in co-pays. Our Copay for her entire surgery ? $100.... Now the Obama admin is hiding the fact under Obamacare, the Advantage plans go belly up starting in fall 2012 and into 2013 and 2014. Most members as I understand it will be thrown back into traditional Medicare. I don't want it. We have our premiums taken out of our checks auto. IT IS NOT FREE< WE PAY FOR IT, Duh! We are happy. Advantage plans have been around for a long time. Obama has targeted it as a Cadillac plan. Well Hell. I did not know I had a Cadillac. Obama is trying to move 8 Billion, yes BILLION Dollars into Medicare to do as an "Experiment" on the Advantage Plans No not an experiment, hide the cuts under Obamacare until after the Election. Slick Willy (BILL CLINTON) has nothing on Joe Cool Obama, Our Young vibrabt President has lived a life of royalty in the White House, Now he needs to go wherever he will retire. Of Course, you realize we will be keeping him and his family up for the rest of their lives. Spread this to all the Disabled folks you know, Obamacare is coming after us. More to Come, Mitch

1 comment:

Erik said...


I dont know if you will see this but I found your blog through a google web search. My name is Erik and I was Diagnosed with M.S. in 2007 and now in addition to M.S. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I went on disability a little over 2 years ago and just got my Medicare coverage on Aug. 1 2013 after the required 2 year waiting period. Now I am trying to find and figure out if there is anything else I can do to help me pay for my healthcare and medication. Its so confusing and I am lost. I cant afford to pay for the medication I need and Medicare will only pay for 80%. The other 20% will have to be paid by me which would exceed $2000 per year. Being on Social Security disability I cant afford this. Any help or guidance from your experience would be greatly appreciated. By the way... I didn't vote for Jesus v.2 (Obama). I vote Libertarian because I want less government interference with individuals than even the Republicans claim they are for. Government is of no help to us that are chronically ill. In fact they are a big ugly obstacle.