Total Pageviews

Monday, August 18, 2008

Doctor Appointment Day

Well, today it is time for my monthly visit to my primary care provider. In the State of Tennessee, if you are prescribed any narcotics, i.e. Muscle Relaxers, Tranquilizers, or Pain Meds as part of your treatment, you must be seen monthly.
This causes added expense thru co-pays, fuel, everybody knows the drill. I was diagnosed 18 years ago last May, and have been on some type of Pain med since then. The Doctor also requests you bring your meds with you. I WILL NOT BRING ANY OF THE THREE LISTED ABOVE. I bring the empty bottles. Here's why and every MS paitent needs to know this.

My wife has Meniere's Disease and Fibromyalgia. She has taken the above medications for years.
She was arrested for D.U.I. in Maryville, Tennessee in 2006. She had a minor accident with the Human Resources manager for that counties government, strike 1. When the police arrive, 3 officers went to the HR managers car, 1 to her. When he asked her if she had any drugs, she said yes, my prescriptions, strike 2. I had just traded vehicles with her and had my 357 magnum pistol in the console. I have a carry permit but rushed our trade because I was going to recover our Boston Terrier which had been stolen 2 weeks earlier, strike 3, Get charged with D.U.I., possesion of "drugs" and going "armed". The Officer on finding the weapon said he could have shot her between the eyes.

Anyway, it gets much worse, but I am not going into now. One very important thing you must know, she told the Officer she had Meniere's disease and had bad balance problems. He did not care, she was drunk he said because she failed the field sobriety test. Hell, I can't pass it either.

The Judge threw all this mess out. But it did cost us $2500 in legal fees. Each of you, please review carrying your meds. We are in a catch 22.
Any questions, feel free to ask.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Ken, Thanks for the info, luckily her spisodes have diminished over time, even though she had one last week. According to everything I have studied, as time goes by things will continue to ease yp. It never goes away but maybe will be better. Thanks for the info
Mitch Thurmer