Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 21, 2008

After the Doctor appt and now the heat plus cost of living !!!!

As most MS patients know, heat sensitivity can really be bad. My wife Deanna is cold natured. We sit out on the porch every morning before starting our day, drinking coffee and watching the squirrels play. If the humidity is just right, even though it's only 70*, I sit there sweating.
I talked to my doctor about this Monday, he said that was part if it, go inside and drink the coffee. Well, we have done this for 30 years, I can't remember a time where we haven't shared this time together. I will keep on.
Back to the Doctor's appt, it was just to get scripts filled. The State of Tennessee in their infinite wisdom will only allow pain meds to be written for a thirty day run. So in real money that is 12 unnecessary co-pays of $20 every year, not including the deductible of $250 at the first of the year.
Also, something else to complain about ( I am really primed today). The TVA, which furnishes power to a lot of the southeast decided yesterday that will increase rates 20% in October, due to increased expenses. The Electric Power Board of Chattanooga will raise their to pass this along.

I believe the 2.3% raise that Social Security recipients received last year is long gone. If I had the patience, I would really like to figure how much the overall cost of living has gone up.

Anyway, I am going to drink some Iced Tea and see if I can calm down, It don't look good but I will try.

No comments: