Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kind of a BAD mood

Sometimes you have to vent. I wish our blogs were nationally syndicated. I have a comment to make about the MS publication we currently receive. I have always felt that the best way to communicate any issue is tell it like it is. For instance, living in Chattanooga Tenn area, the 3 local TV stations only tell warm and fuzzy news. You have to dig in other sources to find out how many cuttings, shootings, and other urban activities occur. The tourist trade is very important to the area, because all the high paying industrial jobs are gone. Thats my point.
Publications dealing with MS need to focus on the real issues. Pain, depression, insurance and medical care issues. Don't present these in a flowery format. This is serious stuff. Too many MS patients don't know about resources, such as pharmacutical companies helping out when you hit the donut hole. They just suffer on, their quality of life going downhill because of not being educated. Knowing I was going into the hole by July this year, I began researching, calling, writing, all the companies in April. I am pleased to announce every single company except Eli Lilly had a program ready to assist us all. MS publications must be more to the point, clearly discuss issues so important to us all. I am happy for the featured MS victims who have done well, very happy for them. But for each of those, are there thousands who are suffering needlessly.
I guess I have fussed enough.
I hope Autumn is getting close, the Heat intolerance has really worked me over this year.Also I wanted clear another misconception. I have had pain as major symptom of my MS for years. Doctors, under the watchfull eye of government is scared to death to write strong pain meds. Well, luckily, I have one whi doesn't follow in lockstep with the others. After being on Hydrocodone for years, He placed me on Oxycontin 40 MG Er. I was of scared that horns would grow my head and I would wonder the streets looking for another fix. Not True
When taken as directed, swallowed whole, not gound up, snorted, etc, The medication has done very well. As I write this, I took my morning dose about 2 hours ago. I am not high, loopy, or stoned. I can drive fine. Even though in the Peoples Republic of Tennesse, by the law I am DUI.
This is where we need help in legislation. Are people on pain meds, who are not impaired, to be hermits?
Tennessee shows ads on all the time, Booze it and Lose it, Don't drink in drive, but keep the secret that if you open your mouth and say you are on meds, or even worse, have them with you, go directly to jail. Then you will be picking up garbage on the side of the road for 48 hours, I don't know how work a cane. If you fell into traffic, who would be liable?
Anyway thats whole another issue. I have already told the story about my wife Deanna going to jail. A 55 year old, grandmother of 6, a true danger to society. I tell you now, the infirm, sick, Boomers, have a target on our backs as we get older.
I gotta get off, I could write on this all day.
Good luck to you all, be carefull out there.

No comments: