Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's 2:54 AM, Another Sleepless Night and thoughts on it.

Since July, I have been trying to get Seroquel, a medication that in my case helps me sleep.
The Problem is not a greedy pharmacuetical company or The State of Tennessee Drug Task Force Intrusion. It is my Doctor.
I have been on the med for about 3 years. I advised my Doctor I had trouble sleeping, just could not turn off the thoughts in my head. He prescribed Seroquel, which works very well. It is manufactured by Astra-Zenaca and they have in place a patient assistance program that helps when Medicare Patients hit the donut hole because it is expensive, over $ 300 per month.

90 Days ago, or rather 90 days before the middle of July, I had been accepted into the Astra Zeneca PAP and my 90 day supply was sent to my Doctor. As I saw the medication getting to refill levels, I called A-Z and asked what they needed to refill. The advised me of the fax cover sheet, what must be on it, the script and what must be on it, word by word.

I gave my doctor's nurse, or should I say slave, the list. She does everything but wipe his Ass as it is and he keeps adding more. Anyway, when I did not receive it in the regular time I called A-Z, he did not fill out the cover sheet as I said, He did not see why they needed it. Again I told them, here is what is required. He calls the A-Z program and asks if they want all this, answer yes.

Well, today I checked on the meds with A-Z, something was left off the script. This is Aug 17-18. I emailed the Damn Doctor again withe what MUST be on the Fax. The last Fax/script he screwed up on 8/9 expired in 24 hours when the Doctor's Office would not return phone calls to the PAP. The PAP was trying to fix the problem over the phone to expedite to script, but the Doctor's Office never called them Back.

That is why I am up at 3 o'clock in the morning because my Doctor will not fill out a Damn piece of Paper he should have done right 45 days age.

Later, Mitch

No comments: